1. I started with a 1,583 word journal entry (I usually write around 750 at 750words.com) which was an amazing way to start my day.
2. Then off to book club, where we are discussing one of my favorite books of all time — Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow by Elizabeth Lesser
3. After lunch, three of us broke open! We really discussed some deep personal changes and challenges, and it was beauteous to see how we unfolded from casual luncheon conversation into empowering intimacy! An afternoon I will remember always.
4. During the day, we saw lots of birds, including a gorgeous woodpecker. Any day that includes birdwatching is a wonderful day for me!
5. Belle’s article on creativespiritualwomen.com was another on target winner today. I have to keep telling my friends — hey, this is for men, too — do not be afraid of the website name!
6. Wonderful dinner with husband Tom, Papa Sherman, and daughter Maribeth. Hummus and pita bread with kalamata olives – yummy!
7. I saw an ambulance go by, and after blessing it, I always remember how lucky we are not be to in that ambulance off to uncertain destinies, with family members in a panic. Our health is such a gift and so easy to forget how amazing it is to be able to go about our daily routines, even when we have maladies here and there.
8. Cleared off my husband’s bureau area tonight and removed Henrietta, our gigundus piggy bank of many years. Time for her to find a new home. Replaced her with our photos over 41 years of marriage — it looks so different and inviting. We are going to put Henrietta at the end of the driveway and see if anyone wants to give her a new home. Tom could hardly carry her downstairs!
9. As I sit here in my sock monkey pajamas, getting ready to call it a day, I am looking forward to watching a new episode of Tavis Smiley — my favorite interviewer of all time. He actually reads the books! He interviewed Alison Krauss last night, one of my favorite performers of all time, winner of 26 Grammies. Tavis asks terrific questions and waits for complete answers. Hooray!
10. Each day brings it’s own blessings. Posting here is a wonderful way to acknowledge them and revisit some of the highlights. Thank you, Belle!