Very Grateful for~
God, the Great Storyteller
AHA!: the distinction between believing the story and following The Storyteller
meat-lovers pizza (for some reason, I craved carbs in a BIG way after my trip to NH)
the music of Chad Lawson http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/chad-lawson/id308691571
diminished weeds thanks to Zonker
Justin’s improvement—his first words to mom were “thank you”!
Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love. ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
1. Early rising
2. A pleasant forecast
3. Artistic expression
4. Expanding my horizons
5. Getting out of my comfort zone…
6. Counting down
7. Technology that makes distances seem shorter
A new Bible app on my phone
Knowing what “app” means (!)
Window seats on planes
Rivers that rush instead of pool and stagnate
Garrett’s spot on analysis
Growing into the affirmation that it is ok to question and perhaps say “no, thank you”
Heaven is both present and future. ~Sarah Young
2. Cassie got a new job!
3. Dinner out with Cassie to celebrate
4. Kind words from John C.
5. A big smile from Bob as he said there are no accidents
6. Lori’s beautiful pictures, especially of irises
7. A kind doctor who referred us to another kind doctor
8. Mike W.’s smiling face
9. Jean G.’s kind and supportive messages and her gratitude and enthusiasm
10. Limitless qualities of life
2. Part of
3. “The origami of gratitude sat like cranes that never flew, never delivering their message.” Randi telling us “Thank you has no expiration date”
4. A strange call, like when someone’s phone dials itself, I didn’t recognize the number, and worried if someone might be in trouble because a long message was left with a loud unintelligible voice and a lot of activity. I called the number back and when I told the other who it was I figured out it was Mike the Chef. You must have needed help, he said to me. I told him there are no accidents. It was good to find we were both well.
5. Accepting imperfection, can’t do that perfectly either
6. Kindness from Betsy
7. Terry is poised and multi-talented
8. Cassie sees to things
9. Chris made me laugh
10. Helen’s faith and gratitude
1. pens and pencils — I would be lost without them
2. orange juice
3. chocolate birthday cake
4. my Dad, Sherman Bailey’s 95th birthday yesterday! Yippee!
5. 3 x 5 cards
6. notebook paper
8. sweatshirts of every kind
9. Zentangles – see zentangle.com
10. this place of love, kindness, and gratitude
1. Days with nothing on the calender
2. Having spend the last couple of days cleaning and organizing
3. Anticipation of big change…
4. Making sales!
6. My dog. She’s so much fun!
7. Watching Logan learn new things
9. Big hugs
1. Recognizing that I need to start listing again…
2. Gentle reminders
3. Sharing gratitude with friends
4. Being gentle with myself
5. It’s okay to be a work in progress
6. I can only do what I can do…and it’s enough.
8. When one door closes another door opens
9. Unconditional love