Grateful for the times when I remember to just listen.
Wife talks…just listen
Friend talks…just listen
TV talks…just listen
Ahhhhhh. What a relief to just listen. It takes no effort to listen and to be empathetic. To the contrary, analysing and coming up with solutions is really hard work.
Very Grateful for~
God’s lessons from the mosquito
Five bites in 1 minute reminds me that one is never too small to make an impact
The cool of the early, early morning before sunrise and the triple digit temperatures
Mike and Victor, the tree trimming guys
Carl’s insight for Amelia
Listen to the quieter voices inside you – the ones your more dominant inner voices – like your inner manager and task master and the voice that’s all about paying the bills – tend to talk over. These quieter voices sound like tender hopes a lot of the time, or persistent invitations. Or like a restless wish for change. ~Kristen Noelle
2. “Cassie, I’m not sure I like the idea of you and this gentleman.” However, when I showed up you were quite welcoming.
3. Your generosity
4.Your love of animals
5. And nature and flowers especially calladium
6. The subscription to Birds and Blooms which gives us much pleasure
8. Your encouragement during my job search
9. Helping us jump start the house repair
10. Hosting us so many times
11. Turtles … and, while we’re at it, frogs
1. Silence and time when I am not thinking. When I realize that I do not have to search for anything, including happiness, peace, love or joy. Realizing I don’t have to think my way into peace. Peace is always there and all I have to do is stop searching. Times when I accept my life just as it is and surrender to the beauty of the present moment. Knowing I am right where I need to be. For this I am grateful.
3. It changes
4. pep talk from John C about showing up
5. Milder weather
6. Cassie who puts out cold drinks for the mail carrier on extremely hot days
7. First zinnia flowering
8. And flowers on the eggplant
9. Something to read
10. Faye telling us, even with family difficulties, “I’ll go on practicing gratitude,” which seems like a wonderful thing to do
My gorgeous girlfriend who lends me her fab clothes to wear xxx
Dogs especially mine she makes me smile
My daughters beautiful singing voice
Grateful for Suzie, Evelyn and Lillian, Mom and Dad, Louie (cat).
Grateful for the peace I have available every single day.
Grateful for the wisdom of those who have come before me.
Grateful I switched from smoking cigarettes to using Swedish Snus.
My friend Rick is a great guy. Loyal and funny are just a few of his great qualities.