I can’t believe it’s the end of January already! Where did this whole first month go?
Today I Am Grateful:
1) That I’ve made it here every day this month – I can honestly feel the difference in being grateful more and more again. It’s helping me keep more positive as I patiently wait for a few things to play out.
2) For getting some things done around the house today – it felt good to do just basic housework for a change.
3) That even though Will had to stay after school today, he got all of his homework done and done well while he was there. He also reached his reading goal and earned a ribbon today, he was proud coming home with that pinned to his shirt!
4) For having a fun time with Family Movie Night tonight – we watched “Hotel Transylvania” and it was actually a pretty good movie! It’s always nice to see and hear everyone giggling at the funny parts :-)
5) That I’m taking care of me, in ways that work for me – body, mind and soul. Thank You for your help Angels :-)
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~ Luciano de Crescenzo
1. When someone comes into a library with really really squeaky shoes! They always look innocent and it makes me laugh.
2. Getting a close-up parking space in bad weather.
3. Trying on shoes that feel like bedroom slippers. I don’t care what they look like, I am buying them!
4. When your tea isn’t too too hot, or too too cold — when it is just the right temperature to sustain warmth throughout the tea drinking experience, but doesn’t burn your tongue.
4. Finding a new tea to appreciate — pomegranate oolong.
5. Ordering Pino Grigio wine — it’s so fun to say, and it tastes great!
6. When someone you loves comes home and the door opens and there they are in all their glory!
7. When your windshield wipers work well and don’t squeak.
8. Starting my Spring countdown — 48 days until Spring. Hooray!
9. Getting together with my Island Girls — any time, anywhere.
10. Posting on welovegratitude.com! Yippee yo yo YO!
1. Getting a package <3
3. Divine timing
5. Making pizza with my boy
7. Dealing with something scary
9. Words of wisdom from my 95 year old Great Aunt Mayme
1. Feeling ready
2. Sriracha (on everything)
3. When you really click with someone
4. Paying attention
6. Surprising yourself
9. Warm hands
10. Seeing eyes light up
Very Grateful for ~
The courage and bravery of Harriet Tubman
This year/this time
Waking up to coffee already made
A new broom
Phone calls with Dad
Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. ~ William James
Thank Heavens it’s Wednesday – it’s been a wearying day and I am looking forward to the weekend for sure. I made it to the gym with my Dad again today and did something different, it felt good too.
Today I Am Grateful:
1) That I tried the exercise bike today at the gym – it felt good to do something different today that was still good for me.
2) For the nap I got to take this afternoon after hubby got home. Even though I know he was tired, he let me take the nap and he stayed up with our little guy. Thank You Baby. ♥
3) That I’m here a little earlier than usual tonight so I can even get to sleep a little earlier tonight
4) For all the amazing books I have to read, so many wonderful topics and things to learn!
5) That I found a beautiful journal to use with two of the books I’ve started reading again this year. It was a great find for only $2 at the Salvation Army store a few weeks back.
Give thanks for what you learned today, for every lesson understood, is another the star in the sky to guide you home. ~ From Spiritual Truths on twitter at @TheGodLight
1. Review sessions
2. Cashing in
3. Immediate responses to questions
4. Respectful interactions
5. Feeling confident
6. Deciding that your best is enough
7. The way my Gram sees the awesome in me
8. Anyone who sees the awesome in me
9. Dreaming about using my awesome
10. Nurturing myself
The weather here in Chicagoland has been nothing short of odd lately – teens and below for a few days, now we’ve been in the 50’s to 60’s and now going back down to the teens again soon – I’ll admit it’s making my RA flare up more than I’d like but I’m doing my best to deal with it. There are days I swear I’m stronger than I think I am and then there are days where I feel weaker than my 6 year old son. Today was somewhere in between…
Today I Am Grateful:
1) That I dragged my booty back to the gym with my Dad today – I took it easy, walked my regular 40 minutes but didn’t even make it a full mile though I did finish disk 1 of the book on CD I was listening to
2) For the weather seeming to hold today until everyone was in the house at one time or another – went grocery shopping after the youngest got out and the rain held until we got inside with the last set of bags and closed the door. Then again after I picked up the oldest it started to pour again about 2 minutes after we walked in the door. Thank You Angels :-)
3) That homework was done with a little less fighting tonight.
4) For a yummy breakfast-for-dinner evening again – scrambled eggs, pancakes (with and without chocolate chips), bacon, and biscuits. Warm and filling on a damp, chilly night – Thank You for cooking with me Baby!
5) That another day is done, a night of restful sleep is ahead of me (I pray) and a brand new day awaits in the morning. Wishing you all a good night & sweet dreams ♥
Never dance in a puddle when there’s a hole in your shoe (it’s always best to take your shoes off first). ~ John D. Rhodes