Crystal asked for gratitude last night and I realized I send my day off with gratitude and by evening I am grumbling. Going for extended release.
Grateful for hubby’s Aunt Betty. She welcomed me into his family first.
Unconditional love unconditional acceptance.
With a large family ,she knew she was overwhelmed and outnumbered and handled it with aplomb and laughter -lots of laughter.
Faith that things were following a plan. I would be grateful to have a measure of that fortitude.
Quiet dignity as she lost first her husband then many of her children. Grateful to witness such strength.
Always happy and happy to see you, her sweet nature drew people to her. Let me remember you draw more flies with honey than vinegar.
We lay you to rest today. Grateful for the reunion of us remaining. We will remember and hopefully share a laugh or two in memory.
2. Box of flowers
3. Lydia came over from next door to meet Peabody and helped Cassie plant zinnias
4. Turning to a poem
5. Benefit of the doubt
6. Some other benefit
8. Memorial Day observances – especially stories from friends
Not used to many days off in a row and I’m finding that I’m rather unstimulated. Changing my attitude today to find excitement in the mundane.
Sitting with hubby on the front porch last night watching lightning last night key words hubby,front porch,lightning,light talk
The wind was blowing pollen off the trees like a dust storm
Amazing thing is he came and got me so we could watch together
He quit smoking in February. Grateful he made the choice to breathe.
Errands today hold possibilities. Gabriel Brothers for a nice shirt for hubby to wear to a funeral tomorrow. Something summery for me! Hanging baskets from Marc’s and a visit to the Thrift
Steaks on the grill maybe some corn and a salad. Slice a tomato and call me to dinner.
I’m in Garrett’s post . Wow! I do exist!
2. Kind of MaryEllen to write and ask how I am. I’m doing fine. Glad that MaryEllen posts so frequently on WLG.
3. Visiting my mother and father. My father’s irises grew quite nicely this year. The heat got to them, he remarked, but they are still quite colorful.
4. Cassie found toys for my nephews who will visit this summer and brought them to my parents’ house.
5. Little foots does not like to be petted. He just rubs or bumps against you as he walks by.
6. Lots of flowers and vegetables to plant.
7. The young lady at the garden center who helped me in the extremely hot weather, smiling all the while and not minding the heat.
8. Eating supper outside and Cassie made a fine cucumber salad. Asking her as I mixed it, you don’t care if I destroy the integrity of the paprika (spread on top.)
9. The tree Cassie gave me has grown substantially in five years. It is a star magnolia. Blooms have come and gone although one still persists. The snows and cold snaps in April did not help, but it is thriving with green leaves as summer arrives.
10. Cooler today by about 20 degrees. Good day to work in the garden.
I woke up from a dream where I was younger and I had to fast forward through my life to the age I am now.
Grateful for all the things that have brought me to May 29, 2016
Grateful many are behind me
Grateful to remember snippets of joy
I see my insecurities and am glad I have become strong
I see my choices and harbor no regrets
Illusion made me miss my parents though the dream was not accurate. Grateful that the truth was more on the mark. I was unconditionally loved!
Today I am grateful for the good , tolerant of the bad and looking forward to tomorrow.
Fun in the sun,days gone by, mental images, imaginings, imagination,reminisces, remembering,my little collection of memory prompts- something from everyone
May you Memorial Day weekend be memorable!
Memorial Day means the coming of summer.
Wading in the river
Ice cream cones
Going to go to Lyla’s for breakfast
Long weekend off
Joined the Summer Reading Club already
Summer clothes. I forgot I had that!
Creative Spiritual Women
The 2016 Book Challenge
An I love you from my grand daughter
Humus at new restaurant GARLIC!
A day of better eating
Seedless red grapes
Long awaited art Can’t wait to see it