Today I’m grateful for church. It provides me with some quiet from the every other day noises.
- “Like all storms, it will pass. The more violent it is, the more quickly it will pass.” -Paulo Coelho (thanks, Belle)
- Knowing how to reset the modems when the internet connection doesn’t work.
- Patience, even if it is for only 15 seconds….
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Martin Luther King, Jr. (thanks Raven)
- Color therapy
- Flag blue — the cloth under the computer helped ease my headache
- Finding my cell phone in my purse so I could turn it off before the long weekend.
- The feeling of pen writing on paper — going to put those quotes in my affirmations book.
- Love this quote: God walks with us. He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome recognition that yes, even now, He is there.—Gloria Gaither
- Also this one from Helen: telling myself “no” gently but firmly when a nudge came to revisit an unhealthy person for me (she was a great friend when I needed her, but things have changed)
- Enjoying the moment
- Being able to hold a pen and write on paper. Love that feel.
- Accepting myself, as imperfect as I am
3. Tri color black birds (cute little red “shoulder pads” with white edges)
1. Quiet moments, with birdsong for music.
2. Writing in a color other than blue or black.
3. Watching squirrels run.
4. Puppy piles. (Nap time!)
1. AndreaRose‘s #8: “Office supplies…I just love them.” ;)
2. Watching the neighbor’s cat visiting another neighbor. (Both sides of the encounter are enjoying it! — and my side, too.)
3. Simply: Sunshine.
4. Krab salad.
5. Taking care of myself, which includes taking my meds, even though sometimes I’m tired of pills! (Nudge to self….)
6. It’s okay to be grateful for even a few things.
1. Saying what I mean.
2. Then doing it.
3. Being assertive.
1. This quote: “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” -Frederick Keonig
2. Mary Ellen’s “Look for the signs!” list!
3. Inspirational quotes and thoughts.
4. “In the journey, open your eyes, learn from your experiences and move forward.” MaryEllenNeitz
1. Easter. 2. Gods love: He gave His Son for me. 3. Grateful that He helps me daily.
1. Puppies that accept you the way you are.
2. A Journal just for keeping track of my Joy List.
3. Feeling the grass under my feet on a sunny day while looking at the flowers.