Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the amazing time with friends last night..
for the compliments I got !
for the feeling of walking on a cloud from the sheer attention I got from people..
for feeling that I count, that I exist..
For the new friends that I made..
for being able to deal with my shyness and inhibitions and talking to new people..
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
I would like to recollect three instances in my life when I felt on top of the world and give thanks for those times..
- That time I got through an audition and voice test and was selected as a compere for the local radio. I was in my late teens but was so overwhelmed with joy and excitement that I was jumping around the house like a bunny..much to the amusement of my parents! Oddly enough being accepted at the university simultaneously didn’t bring the same amount of joy! I am so very very grateful for that moment and the thrill of being able to host a local radio show! Thank you soooo much!!!
- The time I first started running and realised how much I had under estimated myself! It was such an elated feeling the first time I ran with people my own age and understood I could far out beat many of them. Indeed this was a revelation as all my life I have been used to undermining myself and my capabilities..my heart swelled with pride and happiness as the others heaped praise..so very very happy and grateful for that joyful moment !
Last night when I was listening to a recording of some feedback my course facilitator had given me. I initially did not take it seriously when she kept repeating the word ‘excellent’ many times. I needed to go back to my assignment and compare it with the others ‘ assignments in order for me to understand and accept that my work really was excellent! What a revealation! Feeling on top of the world and so very very grateful for that moment. Thank you!!
I would like to thank my body…
Thank you dear body for the impeccable sense of smell which allows me to enjoy all the sweet and lovely fragrances around me from the beautiful jasmines to amazing food.
Thank you for my eyes which make my life worth living for all the beautiful sights I enjoy each day like the green neem tree outside my window swaying to the gentle breeze..
Thank you for the amazing ability to taste..it has given me countless hours of enjoyment in tasting delectable and delicious food.
Thank you for my ability to hear..it’s given me the pleasure of listening to beautiful and uplifting music and the ability to listen to and understand my people..
Thank you for an awesome voice..because I love listening to my voice and loosing myself in my singing! Thank you!
There is Gold in every relationship, even in difficult ones…
I’m grateful to have S in my life…
- because he takes care of all my financial needs in every possible way…
- for not imposing his wishes and views on me no matter how badly he feels otherwise..
- for pushing me to do things beyond my comfort zone ( I wouldn’t have grown so much if he hadn’t!)
- For not standing in my way when I said I want to focus on building a career.
- grateful for the fun and laughter and the good times we share…
- the numerous holidays and fun trips
- for introducing a whole new world of amazing friends after I got married..
- for teaching me to be caring and considerate towards others around me and looking out for them..
- for the two amazing children I treasure more than anyone in this world..
- for being a fan of my cooking inspite of the food I put on the table :)
- Today I’m feeling so so grateful that I finally started back work to complete my course. So grateful for the inspiration and motivation being provided by the new group. Thank you!
- grateful for being able to connect with my course facilitator , because the chat we had helped boost my confidence and gave me a sense of direction.
- Grateful for listening to the old recording when I was coaching someone. so grateful for the feedback I got from my course facilitator… ” excellent” gave me a sense of pride and elation..dang! am I that good?! :)
I am so very very grateful for the old recording because it gave me much needed confidence, in myself, as I listened with disbelief to my own work!
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
So happy and grateful that I’m feeling blessed although my gratitude list got accidentally deleted! I truly feel blessed and happy to be part of this blog.
Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!!
I’m so very grateful…for the comment by MaryEllenNeitz!
..Reminded me of my Gratitude practice during an exceptionally busy day…
..encouraged me to come to this page to declare my gratitude..because she said she was looking forward to my next list :)
Thank you! Thank you!!
So grateful for the wonderful time at the Landmark Seminar because…
I left the place feeling so inspired to take action..
Felt confident and safe that I was in good hands..
was touched by the commitment and dedication shown by the seminar leader and his team..
absolutely loved the new friends and the inside jokes we shared..
am feeling positive I will achieve the goals I set out to reach..
So happy and grateful to be writing my gratitude journal today because...
I’m proud that I didn’t break the chain by skipping a day..
I feel I’m just getting the hang of this gratitude thing :)
I managed to steal some time for myself while everyone is sleeping..
I can already begin to feel the magic of Gratitude working .. ( day 3)
A fantastic and awesome end to a busy day!
So thankful for the 30 day Gratitude challenge that’s come my way!
For the hot cup of coffee over which I’m typing this..
My two kids in the other rooms who I love dearly..
Laughter and conversation I shared today with unexpected visitors..
Grateful for being able to give support to someone who needed it..
The visit to the beautiful Buddha temple..just quiet and peace..
For the quiet time in front of the Buddha…the tears, letting go of the pain and sorrow..
grateful for the wonderful freedom I felt after letting go..
For being able to speak up in the group and allow myself to be “seen”
The steps I’ve finally started taking in creating the life I want..
The extra help I got with the dishes ..
The delicious meal I cooked for lunch..
For Keith and his wonderful posts and his fantastic site that keeps me going..
For the beautiful video on gratitude…
For finally kick starting my Gratitude practice!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!