For our congregation at church having the blessing of knowing our former pastor who passed away in a house fire at his home. I did not know him as I came after he had left the church but he sounded like a very wonderful man. May he R.I.P. and God take care of his family.
- For being able to get up, suit up and show up for life today. Again….THANK YOU GOD.
- For being fortunate enough to have a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator, and clothes to wear.
- For my son and family and my pets.
- For being able to see that life can go on, even without my husband.
- For the gift of sobriety, without which I could not have come this far.
- For being able to walk back and forth to church.
- For my employment that keeps me paying my bills and that I GET to go to each week day.
- For the beautiful sky outside right now.
- For my church family and my A.A. family. All of whom have stood by me.
- Dusting of snow on the ground.
- My pets happily chasing each other.
- The quiet of the morning.
- A good cup of tea.
- Being able to quiet my thoughts and just feel grateful for a new day.
- A good book.
- Good music.
- Being nicotine free.
- Feeling secure and safe in my own house.
- Getting more and more spiritual.
- All the people I love and who love me.
- My health.
- The beautiful sunshine this morning.
- Good books, music and t.v. for those cold nights.
- Losing a little weight.
I get to wake up.
I get to eat good food.
I get to hear my son’s “I love you” as he walks out the door to work.
I get to relax in my comfy chair and type this.
I get to go to church today.
I get to enjoy another day sober.
I get to clean my house.
I get to read a good book.
I just GET TO even if something comes up today that I don’t wan to do, may I always remember that I GET TO do it. Some do not GET TO do anything due to health issues or just losing at the battle that can sometimes be life.
I get to give Regina Brett my highest gratitude for writing her book “God Never Blinks” that talks in one of the chapters about a man and how he would use “I Get To” in place of “I Have To”. What a beautiful lesson and treasure.
Love of your family.
My son and pets.
The fresh air.
Being able to type this so easily.
Nice drive out of town.
A.A. AND GOD
So grateful today for my church family.
1. They help me and support me.
2. They have helped me see my life in a different way and have a relationship with Jesus.
3. They walk the walk and not just talk the talk.
So much thanks for God being in my life and….
- For my son hanging in there through the dark hours, days, weeks and months since my husband (his father) died.
- For the beautiful sunrise this morning as it reflected off the frost on my bedroom window.
- My dog Jax, even when he gets a little neurotic and freaked out. He is 12 and things affect him differently now. He is a wonderful addition to our family and has been for 12 plus years.
- For food in my refrigerator and close on my back.
- That I still have a job after my review yesterday as I am still in training.
- For the internet for when it is used responsibly can be a wonderful tool.
It can be so easy to take things for granted. I try really hard to be grateful for so many things.
- A working furnace on these cold nights.
- My dog looking adoringly at me.
- My son laughing at something he finds funny.
- The beautiful full moon.
- Finding peace inside myself.
- A warm blanket on my bed.
- Being able to get up, suit up and show up.
- Waking up in the morning. Thank you God.
- A son that I love to pieces.
- My health.
- Being able to calm myself and find peace when I get in my head and start projecting.
- Staying sober and nicotine free another day.
- Good food on my table.
- My loving pets.
- That I started blogging again.
Beautiful sunrises and sunsets
God always with me
Trying new things
Love in its many forms
Sobriety and not smoking
Learning to love myself just a little more and accept that some people may not like that
Being my own person