My boss being patient with me when I screwed up at work today.
Me being patient with a newer coworker’s judgmental looks.
Another coworker working for me the 9th and 10th of July. :)
A beautiful day outside.
My son picking me up from work.
Eating Domino’s and it not being pizza for once. I enjoyed a chicken Caesar salad. :)
Losing more weight. :)
Grateful for a doctor’s appointment when throat is like razor blades.
Cough medicine, kleenex and ear drops.
Hubby is being kind.
Nicknaming my malady Ick! Always the comedian.
A friend checking in to see if I’m OK.
A text waiting to ask if I got an appointment.
Usually I don’t want attention but today I want to be babied.
Cooler temperatures today.
I will be scolded but will take it as long as they make me well.
Tomorrow will be better!
3. Lantana has the smoothest fur, and quite a bark.
3a. Lantana among the lantana
4. Watching her with Pegasus, they seem to imitate one another (dog and cat)
5. A thriving garden from rain and heat
6. In fact, the whole little neighborhood is looking nice back here, with Alan’s plants on the other side of the fence, and he planted some flowers next to Terry’s stoop, and I can see Oliver’s roses at 9:00 from where I sit, particularly the salmon colored one alone on the vine.
7. coffee with Eileen and our work together.
8. A story I heard from someone named John. He talked about receiving an orchid for a gift. The plant flowered, the blooms faded, and he was left with a “dirty stick.” His friend told him to water it, let it have sunlight, and watch, and eventually more flowers bloomed. I had a similar dirty stick experience with the orchid which John C. (My friend, not the same John,) gave to me, and my assumption was it died for my neglect, and I got rid of it, nothing knowing or bothering to find out what to do instead. I think I will try again.
My son and my pets.
My church family and A.A. I thank God for both.
That I am losing some weight. I had a little hiccup this week but am back on track for now.
That I see there is life after my husband’s suicide.
My grief support group.
A good cup of coffee.
Time to relax and contemplate and even cry if I need to. Yesterday was a crying day off and on…..memories etc.
The beautiful lilacs on my street.
People at work who get me.
People at my meeting being patient with me after not sleeping well Thursday evening.
Having weekends off.
My dog Jax who is showing signs of aging but is equally adorable to this day.
That I can help people with their sobriety as others helped me when I sobered up.
My knees hurt but others have it worse.
That I can rest today.
A rainy day slows things down. The sound of the raindrops. The swish of the wipers.
The parched Earth is ready to be renewed.It will be lush after a drink and a rest.
Need sunshine and rain to make a rainbow.
My worn out body is ready for rest. Thank goodness it’s the weekend.
Cold drink of water.
Nice cool shower.
I never mind working on a rainy day since outside is soggy.
Tomorrow will be good for weeding. The rain makes it easier to root things out.
Rainy day gives me time to sort things out and weed out the things I don’t need.
Grateful for the library. Three new books and a DVD.
The joy of a nap this afternoon when I have earned it.
A good night’s sleep.
A good cup of coffee.
My son and family, including my four legged kids.
The beautiful tree in our yard. I never used it admire it so much before but this week, I do!
Patience at work, when things get stressful.
Being able to kill people with kindness. Maybe not very Christian like but sometimes you just gotta! ;)
Watching my pets chase and wrestle with each other.
Peace when I let it happen in my life.
That I GET to go to work. There are those out there that do not have that option.
Finally, for the day, the internet which opens up so many possibilities when used wisely. :)
Very Grateful for:
God’s waiting canvas
the way the blue colors of Dad’s eyes changes when we talk about his memories
our shared memories
taking time for morning stretches
the morning’s palette of colors- (what color is between orange and pink?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors_(compact)
the temperature lightness of this morning’s air
the way the herbs receive the morning water
my neighbors’ new and cool twirling sprinklers
coconut coffee blend
When it’s over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. ~Mary Oliver
Grateful for chance to repost. Last list was silly. But grateful for silly. Life seems so serious. I long for laughter.
Watching funny TV with an air conditioner on eating a pineapple popsicle.
Laughing at myself. (I bought a Groupon from Va. I live in Ohio)
Laughing with my friends.
A mental vacation.(Next week) Might even unplug.(No technology)
Grateful for sunny summer days.
Grateful for the peace of my porch.The hanging baskets are spectacular!
Don’t take things so seriously. It will get better everybody. Be grateful for today- this minute.