- Realizing so much of life is just showing up for the things you want, and going through the motions. You might not always feel amazing or chipper or even remotely glad to be there, but when you keep showing up, day after day, magic happens- and by magic, I mean: what you truly want comes to pass
- The sparkle in children’s faces
- Giving and giving and giving when you know that’s what someone else really wants
- The power of knowing what you want
- Flowers, always flowers, may I be forever surrounded by flowers
- Christmas decorations and sparkles and lights
- Joy in all things
- Sun Nov 26, good naps, conversation with friend and family, good meals, good medicine, bed early.
- Mon Nov 27, well rested, pleasant walks to and from work, progress at work, conversations, good meals, recovered from cold.
- Tue Nov 28, early to work, good doctor appt., cheerful help from co-workers, good meals.
- Wed Nov 29, early to work, prayers answered, good meeting, cheerful help from co-workers, progress at work, good walk home, good meals.
- Thu Nov 30, well rested, 3 exciting leads at job fair, good walks, progress at work, cheerful greetings at work, progress at work, encouragement from boss, pleasant music, helpful info on internet, good meals.
- Fri Dec 1, well rested, good seminar, good meals, cheerful help from co-workers, progress at work.
- Sat Dec 2, pleasant walks, progress at work, cheerful help from co-worker, conversation, good meals, insights.
My family and pets.
Being back at my old job and getting to hang with my co-workers at our Christmas dinner this past Friday.
My A A program even when I miss meetings.
The Tree Of Lights Ceremony this afternoon.
A roof over my head.
My health. It could be better but could be worse.
The beautiful sunrise today. Yes, God is Good.
I have given much in the last few days and am depleted. Fill me up!
I am searching for good memories and forgiving bad.
Time to think without overthinking.
I am counting on laughter and music to soothe my soul.
I lean on my friends to keep me grounded.
Solitude helps when one more phone call is too much.
A brisk walk in the park where I do not have to act or react in any way.
I stand firm on the decisions I’ve made.
Grateful even on a day I feel empty.
- Yesterday, my daughter needed stitches. I am reminded of this:”Fred Rogers often told this story about when he was a boy and would see scary things on the news: “My mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world.”
- The man who was standing near us and went immediately to get tissues and a bandaid
- The EMTs who showed up quickly and were so calm and kind
- My husband, who took the afternoon off work and got to the hospital before we did
- And held my hand, strengthening me as I held my daughter’s, while she was in the worst parts of it
- The wonderful crew at the hospital who love kids and did an amazing job
- And again for my husband, who stopped on his way home to get a balloon and a teddy bear and playdoh
- To God, that she is okay, and we had access to everything she needed to get help quickly
- To my daughter, for her strength and courage and sweetness
- For even these experiences, and all they give us
My brother-in-law is at peace. A cure for his ills was not possible so they let him go.
Weary prayer warriors waiting for a miracle not realizing the miracle was in his release from suffering. Peace to all!
My niece who kept all of us informed. It was an essential role and she did it well.
We all grieve so differently. It is hard to realize that many actions and reactions fall under the range of emotions we call grief.If I can remain loving and forgiving, I will be able to do what I need to do.
So December I greet you !
A promise that for every thing I have to do I will do something fun.
Open my eyes to see beauty and wonder. Open my ears to music and quiet conversations.
Close my eyes so I can rest. Close my ears to all that is counterproductive.
May I never take one single day for granted and be grateful always grateful.
It is dark but behind me a sunrise is beginning to threaten the world with promises of light.I’m uneasy as if it were a storm not a light show. Relax now! Whatever the day brings I will embrace.
Wake up to the morning . Wake up to the light. Wake up to the day.
Wake up to December. There is much to do.One day at a time. One thing enjoyed then another.
Wake up to beginnings and endings. Prepare your soul. Open your heart.
Wake up brain and organize yourself. New day coming!
Wake up body! Head to toe. Breathe!
Wake up and go about your day. Peace and love!
Where do you put your gratitude? Too busy I’ll post tomorrow or do you express it and cross that off the list?
Or do you put it in your pocket to carry it with you available but easily lost?
I absorb mine. Take it into myself and then shine.
Open eyes and senses alert I add to the embers.
Happy Anniversary Carol and Tom. Carol,I love your ideas. Through giving that we receive.
Shopping for children I don’t know ,imagining the light in their eyes.
Crystal’s advice to Glow through the Holiday season.
December brings a series of events. It can exhaust you or stoke the fire of your soul.
- Sun Nov 19, early to meeting, conversations, sunny day, progress at work, good meals, life is good.
- Mon Nov 20, well rested, progress at work, cheerful help from co-workers, conversations, lunch outside, good walk home, good meals, Christmas carols on you tube.
- Tue Nov 21, good walk home, progress at work, cheerful help from co-workers, conversations, lunch outside, good meals.
- Wed Nov 22, good walk home, progress at work, cheerful help from co-workers, conversations, productive shopping trip, insights, good meals.
- Thu Nov 23, pleasant drive to visit friends, good holiday dinner, gift of book, insights, conversation with friends, good meals (didn’t overeat!).
- Fri Nov 24, pleasant walk with friend, conversations with friends, safe drive home, good meals.
- Sat Nov 25, good walks to and from work, progress at work, good meals, good nap.
My brother-in-law had a massive stroke and I have decisions to make when he leaves us but the decisions my sister is making are harder.
Grateful to my niece for keeping us updated but sorry to see his decline.
He is in Hospice and in a strange place between life and death.
Where is the gratitude in this? Grateful for his steady presence all of my life. His subtle humor. Good man.
Watching the outpouring of love to my sister and my niece. So many prayers and hugs. So many well wishes.
Emailing often with another sister and protecting another. I play many roles.
Grateful I was not the guest speaker yesterday at Church though it means I will have to restructure my message. I believe God wants me to say something else.
The mighty trio at Laughing Club. We have some good memories.
Whisper a prayer and gather a hug!