I choose to be grateful because grumpy is unpleasant for everyone.
I choose to be calm because anxiety is like spinning your wheels.
I choose to be giving because I can.
I choose to be positive because it is the message people need.
Things are coming together quite nicely.
Wonderful to make food for my daughter. I’m touched that food she remembers is her birthday request.
Amazed to see Ron when we delivered food to them last night.So honored to visit with them! Dear Lord,You know their needs. May things fall into place so that this time be easy. La Chaim!
You are my sunshine
God’s radiant love
Feeling prayed for
A little rest
A little work
Doing something that matters
Grateful that when I thought our family was complete God sent us another child.
That young lady is 26 today. Strong,proud,confident,and hard working.
She does not belong to me anymore and it’s sad but I’m proud of who she has become.
Grateful that I am proud of all my children. All blooming in their gardens.
Grateful for my grand daughter. She IS my sunshine!
Grateful for my grandson. Smart and entertaining. Grateful for pictures. I marvel as I watch him grow.
Grateful for friends that when you say help! they say how!
Grateful for the strength to find joy in an unbelievably busy day! Church, Directory pictures, tickets to sell, hand bell concert then a night at the homeless shelter.
And as always grateful for hubby who was there is the beginning at every stop and will be there to morrow when I need him the most!
2. Thea – she was my friend in third grade
3. She could draw pictures of people with such exactitude. It just seemed to come out of her. I could appreciate the finished product but didn’t observe the process or the patience or the practice that went into what she did.
4. We wrote stories together. Or maybe it was side by side.
5. We made each other laugh.
6. And school was a safe place for me because of her.
7. And I couldn’t understand or appreciate that, nor communicate it to her.
8. Boys would tease me that she was my girlfriend but no, I couldn’t have that, boys weren’t supposed to play with girls or like to do “girly” things. If anything though, she was kind of a “tomboy,” liked to hang around with boys, I think she played soccer and was probably quite skilled, and stronger and faster and smarter than me, though I never could have admitted it.
9. We remained close through fourth grade then drifted apart. Eventually she moved with her family to Alabama, and I saw her maybe a couple of times after that, when she came back to school to visit, and in college years when I was invited to a party with several friends from school and acted perfectly disgracefully but didn’t actually collapse.
10. Today Thea has a fine husband and a daughter approaching adulthood and still draws and makes designs using the gifts that were in evidence when we were young. Occasionally we see each other on Facebook and wave.
11. Memories of friends throughout life reinforce my appreciation and gratitude. What can I do today to project that rather than regret?
jackpot wins, good news, faith, guests, coffee, new flavors, God, hope, my family, knowledge, tech, new ideas, now
Friends that listen
Friends that offer to listen
Friends that would listen
Someone who explains something when I’m confused
Pillow talk as I pour out my heart and hubby listens patiently
Balance and momentum
The secure feeling of knowing I have a safety net as I walk a tightrope and it is my friends holding that net.
adaptability, faith, God, love, my family…
There are times in our lives when we are up against the wall and the firing squad is taking aim.
Fell asleep with a prayer on my lips. Father, I place these situations in Your hands.(God)
Have a plan. Have a plan B. Brain)
Ask for help. Call a friend. Thank goodness for friends!
One thing at a time. One day at a time, One bullet at a time. (Logic)
Be sharp. Thank you Lord for all my senses.
Breathe.Relax. Laugh.Keep busy!
Be patient. Grateful for the wisdom to know when to react.
Remember that what may happen hasn’t happened.
Be grateful for opportunities to grow! The caterpillar must find his own way out of the cocoon in order to emerge as a butterfly!