2. Kind of MaryEllen to write and ask how I am. I’m doing fine. Glad that MaryEllen posts so frequently on WLG.
3. Visiting my mother and father. My father’s irises grew quite nicely this year. The heat got to them, he remarked, but they are still quite colorful.
4. Cassie found toys for my nephews who will visit this summer and brought them to my parents’ house.
5. Little foots does not like to be petted. He just rubs or bumps against you as he walks by.
6. Lots of flowers and vegetables to plant.
7. The young lady at the garden center who helped me in the extremely hot weather, smiling all the while and not minding the heat.
8. Eating supper outside and Cassie made a fine cucumber salad. Asking her as I mixed it, you don’t care if I destroy the integrity of the paprika (spread on top.)
9. The tree Cassie gave me has grown substantially in five years. It is a star magnolia. Blooms have come and gone although one still persists. The snows and cold snaps in April did not help, but it is thriving with green leaves as summer arrives.
10. Cooler today by about 20 degrees. Good day to work in the garden.